When you’re selling your property, hosting an Open House will provide an excellent opportunity to attract buyers. Ideally, people will see your property that day and decide to make an offer.
That would be exciting!
So, what can you do to prepare for the day? Here are a few suggestions:
1. Make sure the entire house is clean and tidy. Think of making it “guest ready.”
2. Plan to leave early and come back late. Recognize that people may not arrive nor leave precisely on time.
3. If possible, remove pets. Take them to a friend’s house or pet daycare.
4. If you’re concerned about valuables (such as jewelry), lock them somewhere safe. For example, you can hide them in the trunk of your car.
5. Avoid cooking the morning of an Open House. The odours may linger.
6. Provide ample space by the front entrance for shoes and boots.
7. If possible, avoid having any deliveries that day.
8. Make sure interior doors are unlocked, including the door to the garage.
Finally, resist the urge to “drop by” and see how things are going. Instead, take the time to do something enjoyable, such as an outing to the park or mall.
Want more ideas for selling your home quickly and for top dollar? Call today